Here are the Top 5 Reasons Veneers Are Worth It
Your smile with glaring imperfections can greatly reduce your confidence. Fortunately, cosmetic dentists offer treatments that addresses a variety of issues with only one or two visits!. Porcelain veneers can drastically change the look of your smile, with little or no prep work, with beautiful, natural-looking results. So, what Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, hand-crafted, translucent ceramic shells that fit over the visible surfaces of your teeth. To provide you with porcelain veneers, your Brit Phillips DDS. will take molds of your teeth. A ceramicist will craft custom-fitted veneers according to the impressions and the design specifications agreed upon by you and your dentist. Your dentist may file a minimal portion of your teeth’s outermost layer in preparation, or may deem you fit to skip the prep work. He will then use a cement to permanently place the veneers over your natural teeth. You can opt for a single veneer, up to a complete set of veneers, to improve the aesthetic quality of your smile.
The Benefits of Veneers
You may wish to improve your smile with porcelain veneers, but feel concerned about the associated cost. While insurance may not assist you with this cosmetic dentistry treatment, and veneers often require a greater investment than a cosmetic treatment that addresses one type of imperfection, their wide array of benefits bring with them immeasurable value. Benefits include:
1. Whiter Smile – A master ceramicist custom-crafts your porcelain veneers according to design choices agreed upon by you and your cosmetic dentist. Because they cover your natural teeth, you may choose the shade that fits your goals, for a whiter, brighter smile. This is particularly beneficial for individuals with teeth sensitive or resistant to teeth bleaching.
2. Improved Teeth Shape – Because veneers fit over your teeth, you can camouflage your natural tooth shape. If you have chips or cracks, the veneers will hide these flaws. You can also choose a tooth shape and length that better complements your facial features.
3. Natural Finish – Porcelain veneers are composed of ceramic with a translucent finish, just like your natural teeth. Because they are ultra-thin and custom-fitted, they will look like natural teeth in any light, for a more beautiful smile that truly looks like your own. In addition, they offer the durability and stain-resistance for a smile that lasts.
4. More Uniform Smile – Issues like stains and discoloration can disrupt the uniformity of your smile. However, mild misalignment and spaces can cause an even greater disturbance of a beautiful, streamlined smile. Porcelain veneers can correct these problems, giving you the straight, immaculate-looking smile you desire.
5. Addresses Multiple Concerns – Porcelain veneers address a multitude of imperfections with a single, non-invasive treatment that will last many years. Rather than picking and choosing from a variety of treatments, which may add up quickly in cost, time, and effort, porcelain veneers offer a smile makeover with a single treatment.
If you are thinking about porcelain veneers and would to discuss your options, contact Mira Vista Smiles and schedule a consultation with Brit Phillips DDS.