Brit Phillips DDS Fort Worth recommends that you see your dentist every 6 months for follow-up visits after you’ve received dentures. That will allow your dentist to check your mouth for sore spots and make adjustments so you continue to be comfortable with your new smile. When is it time to get new dentures? Normally, dentures will last somewhere between five and 10 years. Here are some telltale signs you likely need new dentures. Answer the following questions yes or no:
- Am I having difficulty chewing food?
- Do I have difficulty speaking?
- Am I always biting the side of my mouth or cheek?
- Have my mouth and/or gums become red or inflamed?
- Am I experiencing continued discomfort wearing my dentures?
- Are my dentures cracked or chipped?
- Are my dentures over five years old?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to make an appointment to visit your dentist. However, it is important to visit with your dentist regularly to check the fit and function of your dentures.
Call Brit Phillips DDS today if you have any questions about your dentures 817-361-1999.