Happy New Year from Brit Phillips DDS! The New Year is a great time to create resolutions for improving your health. What does ringing in the new year have to do with your dental health?
More than you may think. Did you know that you should replace your toothbrush every three to four months? Bristles that become frayed and worn are less effective at cleaning your teeth. That means, celebrating the new year with a brand new toothbrush is actually smart dental hygiene.
Here are a few easy to keep resolutions:
- Start brushing 2x2. Always brush twice a day for two minutes for healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and to avoid painful dental problems.
- Floss daily. Flossing is part of having a healthy mouth.
- Chew sugarless gum. Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes following meals can help prevent tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Drink fluoridated water. Fluoride helps prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities.
- See your dentist. Regular dental visits will help you have a healthy mouth for life.
Ready to schedule your dental visit? Call Brit Phillips DDS Fort Worth dentist at 817-361-1999.
Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year from all of us at Mira Vista Smiles!