Cosmetic Dentures Fort Worth
Denture adhesive companies make tons of money from dissatisfied denture wearers. Why?
Simple: Even with denture adhesive, most dentures slip out of place when eating or talking. A few reasons why this happens are:
- Some dentures don’t fit well from the beginning
- Many dentures can wear out quickly
- Shifts in your mouth over time affect the fitting of the dentures
Few denture wearers like their dentures because traditional dentures are poor substitutes for our own real teeth. Another tooth replacement option is dental implants which can be used instead dentures, or can be used to further stabilize a neuromuscular, cosmetic denture.
Three types of Dentures
Basically there are three types of dentures available:
- Economy Dentures – Economy dentures are designed to be inexpensive, forfeiting both fit and appearance for a lower cost. Because they are not highly customized and can be completed quickly, this accounts for their often very poor fit.
- Traditional Dentures – Traditional dentures are the most widely used dentures. They look good, but they often lack in the functional department. These dentures tend to click and slip during both talking and eating. More importantly, they do not stimulate the jawbone like natural teeth, resulting in loss of bone mass.
- Neuromuscular, Cosmetic Dentures – This is the true “anti-aging” denture. Although the cosmetic dentures are more expensive, the superior fit, function, and aesthetics are worth the additional cost. The results may even truly make people think that you’ve had a facelift!
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment to learn more about how dentures can help you, contact Brit Phillips DDS today!